If you have any questions about this policy, please email: gareth(at)lodgeatlochside.co.uk or write to: Wee Bear Cafe, Lochside Lodge Lintrathen by Kirriemuir, Angus DD8 5JH.
Why We Collect Data
We gather and use certain information about you in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information.
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
We will only use this to contact you to keep you informed about our services. We will never sell, share or rent this information to others.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
Cookies and how we use them:
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
Send an email to gareth(at)lodgeatlochside.co.uk
Write to us at: Wee Bear Cafe, Lochside Lodge Lintrathen by Kirriemuir, Angus DD8 5JH
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 which came into effect on 25 May 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, or have any questions about the privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with us, please contact us and let us know. Thank you.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
Links from our site
Our website contains links to other websites including: